A Complete and Beautiful Smile
Full-mouth Reconstruction Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Sometimes the detrimental effects of trauma, injury, or poor dental hygiene can result in a severely damaged smile. Between cracked, chipped, broken, or missing teeth, yellowing or discoloration, and deep-seated decay, your smile can be the source of many harmful and long-term health problems. Fortunately, at Deep South Family Dentistry, we can provide you with a number of solutions. We offer full-mouth reconstruction in our office and we are prepared to uncover each one of the issues causing your discomfort and do everything in our power to solve them.
You can rest assured that when you choose Deep South Family Dentistry, we will take the time to organize a highly personal and customized treatment plan that will best suit your needs. Dental implants, dental crowns, dental bridges, dentures, and endodontics are a few of the procedures from which we will choose and some of our cosmetic dentistry treatments may even help maximize the potential of your smile. Please contact our office today to schedule a full-mouth reconstruction consultation.
Understanding the Procedures
There are a number of different treatments that can contribute to your full-mouth reconstruction, including:
- Dental Implants: For teeth and tooth roots that have been entirely lost or damaged beyond repair, dental implants can provide restored structure, function, durability, and aesthetics to your smile. The process involves placing titanium screws directly into your jaw, where they act as artificial tooth roots to which we will attach dental crowns, bridges, or dentures. Because the implant needs time to osseointegrate, or fuse to the bone, a temporary restoration will be placed on the implant to maintain the aesthetics of your smile during this process.
- Dental Crowns: When attached to dental implants, dental crowns fill the gaps left by missing teeth, providing you with a natural-looking, beautiful smile line. Dental crowns can also be placed on existing teeth that have been damaged by decay or injury. The tooth will be filed down to make room for the crown, and special bonding cement will be used to bond the tooth and the crown.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are similar in material and function to dental crowns but use the existing teeth surrounding a gap as anchors for the restoration. Bridges can restore a single lost tooth or up to three consecutive missing teeth. They closely resemble natural teeth and go easily unnoticed as artificial enhancements.
- Dentures: Traditional removable dentures are used when most or all teeth have been lost and the more invasive dental implant procedure is not an option. Dentures can be easily cleaned and connect to the mouth using a comfortable, natural-looking gum-like tray. Dentures will allow you to speak, laugh, and smile with confidence, as well as chew and eat comfortably.
- Endodontics: Generally known as root canal therapy, endodontics focuses on inflammation and infection caused by cracks, breaks, decay, or excessive dental treatments. The root canal process involves replacing infected tooth pulp with a biocompatible material that seals and protects the tooth and its root.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: For an aesthetic finishing touch on your full-mouth reconstruction, Dr. May can include some of our elective dentistry options to your treatment plan. Teeth whitening or porcelain veneers may be the answer to optimizing your reconstruction results.
Learn More about Full-Mouth Reconstruction
A completely reinvented smile is only a phone call away! Deep South Family Dentistry would love to show you what our reconstructive dentistry can do for you. Please contact our office today for more information or to schedule a consultation
Deep South Family Dentistry, Ponchatoula, Louisiana