Get Speedy Assistance for Dental Emergencies in Metairie
Dental emergencies in Metairie are no cause for panic. If you have a broken tooth, a toothache, or a similar problem, you’ll get speedy assistance from the Deep South Family Dentistry team. We make spots in our schedule for patients of record, and we can often provide same-day care even if you’re a new patient.
You’ll be treated with:
- After-hours calls that are routed right to our dentist
- Digital X-rays and other technology that enables us to quickly diagnose your problem
- A choice of two kinds of sedation
- Restorative dental care for repairing every type of dental damage
- Comforts like blankets to help you relax
For emergency dental care, call 504-291-0042.
Many Emergencies Need Restorative Dental Care
Whether your toothache is caused by a cavity or an infected tooth, our dentist can fix it! In fact, there are few emergency situations we can’t handle. Here are some common emergencies and their usual treatment:
- Toothache – If your toothache is due to a cavity, we’ll fix it with a restoration like a filling or a dental crown. If your tooth is infected, you’ll need a root canal to save the tooth and relieve your pain. To reduce pain and swelling until your appointment, you can rinse your mouth with warm water and apply ice.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – If you get to us ASAP, we may be able to reinsert it and save the tooth. If you can, gently put the tooth back in its socket. If that fails, keep it in a container of milk or salt water until you get to our office. Don’t touch the roots.
- Broken Tooth – We typically repair broken teeth with dental crowns. Bring the broken pieces of tooth with you, if possible. Ice will help minimize any pain or swelling.
Dental emergencies in Metairie, LA don’t have to be a disaster! Call 504-291-0042 for urgent dental care. We welcome patients from throughout Jefferson Parish.