Rest Easier With Sleep Apnea Treatment in Metairie, LA
If your loud snoring keeps you – and other members of your household – awake at night, you may have sleep apnea. This disorder isn’t just annoying, it’s also potentially dangerous. In addition to ruining your rest, research has linked it to serious health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. We offer sleep apnea treatment in Metairie, LA that will:
- Help you get a good night’s rest
- Stop your snoring so others can sleep in peace
- Give you a treatment alternative to a CPAP machine
- Sharpen your focus during the day so it’s easier to concentrate
- Reduce your risk of related health conditions
In addition to snoring, sleep apnea symptoms include excessive fatigue during the day, insomnia, and frequent morning headaches. The first step toward a better night’s rest is a sleep apnea consultation with Dr. Gregg May. To schedule one, call 504-291-0042 . We can prescribe a sleep test, if needed.
A Sleep Apnea Appliance Is a Convenient Alternative to CPAP
If you suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, your airway becomes blocked while you sleep, often by soft tissue in your mouth or your tongue. This causes frequent interruptions during sleep as you try to get air. This makes it nearly impossible to get truly restful sleep. Two common treatments are a custom-made sleep apnea appliance and a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. The appliance shifts your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open. The CPAP streams pressurized air through a mask to clear your airway.
Many people find an appliance:
- More Comfortable Than a CPAP – An appliance is less restrictive than a CPAP because it has no mask or tubing. It’s easier to get used to wearing it. You’re also less likely to suffer from a dry throat.
- More Convenient Than a CPAP – Since an appliance doesn’t require electricity or batteries, it can be used virtually anywhere. It’s also easier to transport because of its small size.
To find out more about sleep apnea treatment in Metairie, call 504-291-0042.