Dental Emergencies in Ponchatoula Don’t Have to Be Disasters
Dental emergencies in Ponchatoula like a toothache or a broken tooth can really wreck your day – but they don’t have to, if you can quickly get help. At Deep South Family Dentistry, our team is committed to offering you fast assistance in an emergency. If you’re a patient of record, we’ll get you on our schedule ASAP. We can often offer same-day care even for new patients.
We’ll treat you with:
- Technology like digital X-rays to quickly diagnose your problem
- Restorative dentistry procedures to fix all kinds of dental damage
- Phone number for after-hours emergencies that gets your call right to our dentist
If you need emergency dental care, call 985-268-1112.
Follow Our Advice for Emergencies
Here are some common emergencies, along with our advice on what to do until you can see us.
- Toothache – A sore tooth can signal a serious problem like an abscess, so call us right away. To reduce pain and swelling, rinse your mouth with warm water and use ice. If a cavity is the cause of your toothache, we’ll repair it with a filling or a dental crown. If your tooth is infected, we’ll perform a root canal procedure.
- Lost Filling – Put a small piece of dental cement or sugarless gum at the site of the filling to keep the area clear of debris until we can place a new restoration.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Try to gently put the tooth back in its socket. If not, put it in a container of milk or salt water to preserve it. Avoid touching the roots. Call us immediately; we may be able to reinsert it if we see you quickly enough. Use ice for pain and swelling.
- Loose or Broken Crown – Try to secure the crown with a bit of dental cement or toothpaste. If that doesn’t work, simply bring the crown with you.
- Broken Tooth – Gather the broken pieces of tooth if you can, then call us. Use ice to minimize pain or swelling. We’ll likely use a dental crown to repair your tooth.
For help in dental emergencies in Ponchatoula, LA, call 985-268-1112.