Keep Smiling With Top-Quality General Dentistry in Ponchatoula, LA
Preventive care is the best approach to your family’s oral health. This starts at home with daily brushing and flossing. To be as healthy as possible, you also need to make general dentistry a regular part of your care.
When you come to our Ponchatoula, LA dentist office, you can:
- Prevent tooth decay
- Avoid gum disease
- Get nutritional counseling to keep your teeth in top condition
- Enjoy the confidence of a healthy, clean smile
Dr. Gregg May and the rest of our team at Deep South Family Dentistry will make your preventive program easy. To learn more, call 985-268-1112 and schedule an appointment with us soon.
Get the Right General Dental Care Treatments at the Right Time
Far too many people take their teeth for granted. Just talk to someone who is missing a few teeth, and they’ll tell you what they are missing out on. Coming to our office for regular preventive care means you and your family can preserve your teeth –and your attractive smiles – for life.
We offer a wide range of services to keep your smiling looking great:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Professional care will remove plaque and tartar that you have missed. It also gives us a chance to find problems early, when treating them is less invasive and more effective.
- Dental Sealants – Sealants are a protective coating for your smile. When applied to your teeth, they make it much more difficult for bacteria to cause tooth decay.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride can help your teeth in two ways. First, it can repair minor damage caused by bacteria. Second, it can make teeth stronger and more resistant to decay.
- Oral Cancer Screenings We don’t want anyone to have this disease, but if you ever do, we want to find it as early as possible.
- Mouthguards – If you play sports or if you grind your teeth together, we can create a custom-designed mouthguard for you to protect your teeth against accidents, injuries, and unnecessary wear and tear. We can even make your sports guard in fun colors!
In addition to these basic services, we also help our patients struggling with dry mouth. Chronic dry mouth can occur for many reasons, and it also raises your risk of cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. Our dry mouth and bad breath (halitosis) treatments can provide the relief you’ve been looking for.
We use technology to find problems as early as we can. Along with digital X-rays (which can be seen faster and emit less radiation than old film X-rays), we also use the CariVu cavity detection device. This tool helps us find decay much sooner than we could with our eyes alone.
Save Time, Money, & Your Smile With General Dental Treatments
Regular dental care is good for your smile and for your overall health. Oral health problems can increase your risk of heart problems, complications of diabetes, and respiratory disease. Preventive dental care can also spare you the time, expense, and trouble of dealing with bigger problems, like tooth loss.
We accept a variety of dental insurance and dental discount plans. If you don’t have insurance, we encourage you to join our in-house membership program as a cost-effective way to get the care your family needs.