Oral Surgery in Ponchatoula, LA Can Bring Back Your Healthy Smile
When you have a setback in your dental health, oral surgery may be necessary to get your mouth back to a healthy state. We’ve used surgical procedures to help countless patients in and around Ponchatoula, LA without referring them elsewhere.
Dental surgery can:
- End your pain
- Help you feel like yourself again
- Prepare you for other treatments to restore or improve your smile
Don’t suffer any longer. Talk to one of our doctors to find out if oral surgery could benefit you. Call 985-268-1112 to make your appointment at Deep South Family Dentistry.
Understand Your Oral Surgery Procedure Options
Tooth loss and gum disease can create problems that need to be fixed before your mouth can be fully restored. Your situation could involve one of these surgical treatments:
- Gum Grafts – Injuries and gum infections can cause your gums to recede. A gum graft is a way to replace gum tissue you have lost.
- Bone Grafts – Bone loss can occur as a result of tooth loss, gum disease, or other issues. We can perform a bone graft to replace missing bone tissue, which may be needed before you can get dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – This type of bone graft may be done after a tooth is removed or lost to fill the gap. This restores the natural shape of the jaw and face.
- Tooth Extractions – When teeth are severely damaged, impacted, or overcrowded, removing them can be the best thing for your smile and your oral health.
- Wisdom Tooth Removal – You or a family member may need this kind of tooth extraction when wisdom teeth are causing or are likely to cause long-term oral health concerns.
We pride ourselves on being a patient-friendly practice. This will help you stay relaxed during your surgical procedure. You will stay comfortable with amenities such as blankets and headphones.
Take the First Step Back to a Healthy Mouth
You may have been living with pain or embarrassment because of the condition of your mouth. You don’t have to live that way any longer. We can help you get back on track. If there is a surgical procedure that can help you, we’ll work with you to get the job done.